Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Politicians who really don't think/Quarter of a Century Old

these two post are coming back-back-back, so don't get by without reading both ...
First up, there's a proposal in Kansas City proper for a sales tax that would go toward a new downtown baseball park at the price of $375 millio, n-plus.
I first heard the news via radio as I was leaving a fairly afluent high school, and I had two thoughts.

1) I actually like the idea of a downtown ballpark, we just need a team worthy of playing in one.
2) But wouldn't the $375 mill GWs be better spent on the likes of the dismal Kansas City Missouri School District, the worst school district this side of the Atlantic Ocean? Isn't that the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer?
-------------------------------------------------
Secondly,
Best Friend has been working me constantly since Aug. 18th about being a "Quarter of a Century" old. It's not like the talk is new. Since '02, not 1902, she's been calling me Old Man River just cause she can.

But I'm actually starting to feel it. I'm really going through my - I can't say mid because that means I'd die at 50 - quarter-life crisis. When I was 17, and heading to college, I thought I'd be married by the time I was 25, at least engaged.

Neither is the case. Marriage is nowhere near the menu, and its not a bad thing. It's just weird when you look all around you, and every other woman you see has on a rock Shirley Bassey would be proud of.

I'm not ready to pop the question, but I guess my worries have a lot to do with my parents having me when they were 25 and 24. Thus, when I rethink it, it's a positive thing that I'm not emmersed in a life-controlling relationship at the moment because I'm not ready to raise anybody's seed. I guess I just want something more to live for than taxes, a job and Aug. 18th.

Really, I just want to relive the glory days of college, oh did they swiftly pass, with "the fine wine and beautiful women." More so for the fact that there are no 50-hour a week jobs that have a vice-grip on your balls/life. I had more time commitments in high school, and even though I stayed busy in college, that mindset was washed away come graduation, version May 2003.

I'm ranting now, and I need to stop. I need to get to 26 so the number 100 goes away, and maybe I'll find something less trivial to blabber about.