Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Words

I want my words to dutifully pirouette while encompassed about by a chorus of doubters which has only but a seed of hope within it.

I want my words to thoroughly invigorate the sound system that resides on the outside of your pupils understanding they’re the only way to truly reach your soul.

I want my words to resonate in the depths of man’s heart to where it skips a beat or three at the thought of freedom’s cost.

I want my words to teach a lesson that can’t be learned from a chalkboard, overhead or in Power Point presentation because life is our best classroom.

I want my words to breathe an air into your lungs so foreign that when you exhale you’re gasping for their breed of oxygenation.

I want my words to satiate the insatiable, infuriate the capable so they will learn some have been enabled by a source which contends their existence is for naught.

I want my words to stir you up like a stew brewing on a stove patiently waiting with little else to do aside from contemplate these truths:

Life is giving. Giving is love. Love is hard. Hard makes jealousy. Jealousy breeds hate. Hate is easy. Easy is fear. Fear is debilitating. Debilitating is death. Death is inevitable.

But like a rumor mill, inevitability doesn’t have to be your life’s plight.

Give what you know. Know what you have. Have what you mean. Mean what you sow.

Because sowing a seed of contempt is akin to knocking on death’s door before you’ve been called. So many reach to answer the phone and it hasn’t even rung. When it does though, for you, I hope the meaning of my words equate to your life’s sum.