Friday, January 04, 2008

The Sound

I know. I've been ghost.

But know I'm returning to the www, and the real world. Sorry for my abscence. Here's a little something I wrote this week ...

The Sound

This may or may not sound true,
but if you compound the sound
and what you don’t see
with what it is you believe,
you will begin to achieve
on a level you never conceived.

See, your mind is prime real estate
that will depreciate
if you don’t appreciate its true value.
Your soul is controlled
by something you couldn’t fathom
in a far-fetched dream.
And your body is a temple
Jesus himself worshiped in
with sin slithering around
his most trusted friends.

Confident men are blindly omniscient
with 20/20 foresight.
Now, in hindsight,
I wish my mother had
gouged out my pupils at birth
so I wouldn’t have been cursed
with the vision to see my destiny.
I would have rather been lost
in the pit of wilderness
with wolves dressed like sheep,
and sheep sheared to clothe fools,
handed worn-down tools
to construct my castle
and had it blown away with the wind,
so I could find the will to build it again
without questioning “why me?”
and then I’d come to understand
what I was born to see.

See, most of us dream big, and fall short.
But I want to dream bigger,
and fall in cherished beliefs of what will be
instead of being handed a silver spoon.
Let me eat with my hands, bathe with them too.
Believe without seeing, find faith in what His works can do.
Break me down, so I can be found,
Then make me whole, mind body and soul
Guide me out of the dark forest,
gleefully singing the chorus
of a song that rings true,
a sound found deep within a one’s core
few come to hear it,
Verbs and nouns others choose to ignore.
But not I, I comprehend that which suspends time
Is nothing you could ever see.
It’s something you hear in your heart,
something you choose to believe.