Friday, October 07, 2005

Thought I needed a Nia Long


So, my best friend decided to leave an anonymous post asking if I think the movie Love Jones is an accurate portrayal of true love, and I'd have to say yes. If you know me, I can quote the entire movie, so I'll refer to it frequently in posts.

The ignorant - note, that I use ignorant to mean outrageous though I know what it means - answer would be: "If a man wakes up before you do after a night of good sex and makes you an omelet, hell yes you've found heaven on earth."

On the real, Darius Lovehall and Nina Mosley's flirting had the uncertainty that relationships nowadays have. Everybody is so scared to drop the big "three words" or make a commitment. That's why he so slyly told her they were just kickin it, when he knew he wanted more. Playing it cool until she said something backfired though.

The for sure way you really know if your relationship is committed is if somebody in the situation gets jealous because of an outside interest, and the conversation opens itself up to the exclusivity verbiage.

But if you don't want to play these silly games, you need to take the advice of my fellow blogger, Low End, and be upfront about what you want. In other words, don't be scurred.

Leverage is good in a relationship, but so is the ability to be open. Avoiding the the 143 for too long will leave you singing that Akon joint, Lonely. And you'll end up losing a year-plus of a your life for a misunderstanding like Darius and Nina, who had that love that wouldn't go away.

I open th forum to what you thought happened in the sequel, aptly titled Still Jonesing: (speak)