Monday, December 12, 2005

... And So We Commence (or maybe not)


Susie B. Johanasen, Political Science. (crickets) Michael Patrick Sullivan, English, Spanish and Portuguese. (crickets) Larry Johnson (Touchdown, Kansas City! Yeah Buddy). Ryan Matthew William Smith (Yeah Buddy ....!!!!!!!!!).

So yeah, my brother graduated yesterday. A grand experience. I was well equipped for the occassion knowing that I didn't want to be stuck in a theater hearing names I knew not, I brought along a mini-TV and watched football during much of the ceremony. With the four-inch screen, I had a quite a following.

Of course I put it down when RMWS walked across the stage. I'm not that bad.

Also, I did listen to the emcee long enough to hear her give the best line I've heard in quite some time: "Sure you're commencing today, but you could uncommence if you don't pass your finals this week."

This backward-ass school - yes, Hank and the like, I said it - actually graduated a class before they took their f-ing finals. Only the Gayhawks as I've affectionately called them since 1998. Only the Gayhawks wouldn't think of the parents who travel from out of state and may have to come back to get their graduate next weekend. Pompous assholes. Sorry.

Anyway. Congratulations Ryan. You did it even though you had one, really two, major haters - you know what I'm talking about - on your back. You're a man, and I love you.