Thursday, December 08, 2005

I be putting negroes to sleep, son ...

"I spell like a butterfly, and sting like a bee." ...
OK, that didn't quite work like "The Champ is Here" Ali quote. But we pulled the Scrabble board back out for round two, and needless to say "I kicked ass and took names." What else would you expect?

"Really? I'm a freaking journalist," I better be able to spell a plethora of words by now. Granny would be proud because I made him quit. I was spelling words for him - like, joe - a brewed coffee (I don't even drink coffee). Anyway, the score was 233-163. The big word? Writer on a triple word score - aka the Death Nell for all you KU folks. What irony. ...

Sorry for the ebonics, but you don't wanna mess with me 'cause I be putting negroes to sleep, son.... lol ... All challenges are welcome. I won't back down.