Saturday, January 14, 2006

Where Would I Be ...

So I threw out this question to an old friend yesterday in one of those random regular conversations: What would my life be like if Polegurl had a lick of sense back in 1998?

A little background, you say? Sure. Polegurl is the the female that I first girl that I was truly infatuated with post high school. No, high school doesn't count because that shit was ... high school. True Love was about as foriegn to most people in high school as language is to a six-month-old baby.

Anyway, I fell for Polegurl after about a week of knowing her my freshman year of college. I remember calling her room number, back before everybody's grandma had a celly, even when I knew she wouldn't be there just to leave a message. I'd walk damn near a mile to one of Mizzou's student unions just to walk her to her dorm room almost every night. I can't say that I had ever laughed or smiled that hard in my life before she came along. I was lovestruck and love sick.

But a major problem existed. She had a boy-friend in Kizza City. I hyphenated the word on purpose because this truly was still a boy. He was supposed to graduate high school in 98, but was on track to do so in 2000. Need I say more?

But at some point (It's blurry at this stage in life) she chose to be with him, and leave our fling for someone else. She didn't end up staying with the loser boy-friend, and ended up in another situation and eventually married. We had a few close encounters when we were both momentarily single, but never ended up back together.

I just wonder what my world would be like if she actually chose me back in the late fall of 98. Where would I be? I would have never experienced the awkwardness of KPat. I probably woulda never met Black Beauty, and been able to expierence a conversation that transcends the idea of calling someone out of his/her name or sexuality for fun. I may have never had any of the experiences I've had.

Shit. I might honestly be married with child or a 25-year-old divorcee. Who knows?

These are just some randumb thoughts coming out of my head. Speaking of random, hear's the No. 1 reason I'm glad I didn't end up with Polegurl:

1. The given name, Polegurl, comes from an incident where I told the aforementioned that I was going to act as though i was a stripper pole, and I wanted her to do something seductive. After I put my hands together straight up in the air, Polegurl decided to attempt to swing around my body. Needless to say, she fell to the floor. She was okay though because she had enough cushion, her ass, to land on. ... OUT.