Saturday, April 15, 2006

Okay, so it's been two days ...

... and I feel weird because I haven't written anything. I decided to take a quick break and jot a few words down for you from this relaxing and memorable trip.

Point 1: I met the blogger who has been making pull my hair out for like six months to figure out who she is. I went to a poetry set on Thursday when I got here, and Shihan, a DefPoet, performed. He kept it live and real.

Afterward I went out to dinner with about six people including Shihan at this establishment called Addison's, one of the finest eateries in CoMoLand.

But on the way there, one of the girls told me that she read my blog and knew who I was. It was Liza Valentino, look at the names in the right hand column (it's a pseudonym). I stumbled across her blog like six months ago or so, and realized that she was a student at Mizzou, but I couldn't figure out who it was.

I tried everything from sticking her favorite artists into profile searches on Facebook, and her real name popped up, but I couldn't be too sure. But she told me who she was, and I about had a kiniption.

It was like I had met a six-month old penpal for the first time. Her humor and wit actually mirrored her blogging personality, and she was just cool...


Point 2: The bruhs came out in full force. I mean there wear about 30 fraternity brothers in CoMo that joined ZA before I did, and then seemingly everybody from the line before mine and after were there. In one word, Surreal.

Progressive black men of the different breeds coming together for a common cause. Last night was fun because it was pageant, and just time for the bruhs to kick back.

tonight? there will be ample ignorance on the go around. ... Anyway, it's been real, and I'll get back at you later ...
D. Scott ...