Wednesday, May 17, 2006

(Sh)it Happens ...

So I got an angry AIM message from a friend CeeCee about the fact that I forgot her birthday yesterday. It's something I'm extremely bad at doing, remembing birthdays of friends.

That's why I love Facebook and MySpace so much. They do the job for us and keep track of your friends birthdays. I caught Grandma's birthday last week, and we had a quiant conversation about the quarter-life crisis (I've already had mine. Or at least i think it's over). But me, yeah I'll be the one to mess that, the birthday warning, up still.

CeeCee is on MySpace, and i got the warning. I just forgot to make the call. So anyway, we started talking about my book, and the concept behind it. Then somehow that led to us talking about what we'd name a book or movie about our lives.

"I think I'd go with 'Do It Anyway,'" she said thinking of a phrase she repeats time and time again.

I on the other hand, thought of my whimisical way of saying that I can't control anything but myself.

"My title would be, 'Life ... Shit Happens!" with the Sh in parenthesis," I said. We both laughed pretty hard, and I thought about how I forget to call her for her birthday. Yeah, (Sh)it really did, or didn't, happen.