Sunday, May 07, 2006

Take That, Take That, Take That ...

"It moisturizes my situation. It preserves my sexy, and then I'm back to doing what I've got to do." ~ Sean "Puffy" Combs, Proactiv.

I've never needed serious acne treatment. I went through a stage in high school were I got pimples every now and then. But I can tell you now, if I had seen this advertisement for Proactiv in 1997, I woulda been all over it.

These are genuine words coming from the one and only Puffy (I refuse to call him Diddy), and make you wonder how great this stuff can be.

Okay, I'm being facetious. This is the most ignorant 30 seconds of an informercial I've ever seen, and I've seen it too many times. It's gotten to the point to where if it comes on, I must wait for Puffy to say these specific words. Forget Vanessa Williams and Alicia Keys. Puffy is the superstar of this advertisement because of his ignorant choice of words.

Honestly, we need more ignorance like this in commercials. Then, maybe, I wouldn't TiVo everything and skip through the commercials. (BTW, did you here there supposed to be making digital video recording boxes in the future that force you to watch the commercials? Losers).

And if you don't understand the title, rent or watch Jamie Foxx's I Might Need Security and watch the parody on Puffy and Jennifer Lopez.

"A J.Lo ... I remember back on In Living Color when it was just 'Hey, hey, Ho, hey Ho.'" ~ Jamie Foxx