Thursday, May 04, 2006

Understanding YRUN2DP?

It simply stands for "why are you in too deep?"

It's a reminder to myself during the tough times to not think too hard, and to understand that the bad times will get better.

It's also what I'm going to have on the plates of my next vehicle. When people look at it, it reads "why run to D P?" Which doesn't make sense. They're thinking too hard, which means they're in too deep.

But that's not what this post is about. This entry is meant to explain this blog's purpose. I'm about to embark on this journey that I started about a year and a half ago. I know you're wondering how I started the journey that long ago, and haven't gone anywhere. Well, I've been too busy and consumed with other aspects of life, some good and some bad, to sit down and write a book about love's true meaning.

This blog has helped produce, re-create and fine tune my voice over the last several months. It has served as a vehicle for my emotions, thoughts and life. I think I owe this whole song writing trip I've been on to this blog, and the fact that I've been writing what I want to write how I want to write it since October when I started this blog, and it's progressively gotten better. I still love writing stories for the paper. But it's not the same thing because there's structure involved.

Now, though, it's time to really start writing. No, I'm not going to stop blogging. But I'm going to concentrate my efforts on this book.

What's it about? I'm glad you asked.

Some of you know already per conversations that we've had. It's titled Love Making Sense, and it's not completely what you think though the title suggests the obvious.

Have you ever been in a conversation where some says "Love doesn't make sense," and you actually agree? I've been there before time and again. One day, though, I actually started thinking about this verse in 1 John, Chapter 4. Specifically the end of Verse 8. It reads: God is Love.

I started thinking to myself: "Does God not make sense?"

That couldn't possibly be true. From that moment, I was destined to make sense of this Truth we know as Love. Love is Making Sense all around us (okay, that's a steal from Love Actually, but it's real). I'm going to prove it.

Whenever someone has dared to say "Love doesn't make sense" over the course of the last few years, I've retorted, "Are you saying God doesn't make sense?" It's a befuddling way to look at things; it puts life and the real meaning of love in perspective.

Anyway, I'm not going too far into detail because I'm not going to lose you. All I'm gonna say is that it deals with every type of relationship you can imagine including male-female, the love of things, sin, selfishness and finding yourself in your own reflection.

There are some deep concepts I'm going to try to unleash, and I can't wait to get started. I'm actually giddy right now.

So you ask, why am I in too deep(YRUN2DP?)? Because I believe in Love.