Monday, June 12, 2006

Five Reasons Why ....

you should never use the "It's not you, it's me" statement.

5. Because it's really you.
4. The person you're leaving will try even harder to make things work believing they can "fix you."
3. If you're your best Public Relations Agent, isn't this a self-smear campaign in a way?
2. You come off as the crazy person.
1. Because the other person knows you're lying because they know they have issues/are crazy, and they won't stop chasing you anyway.

Five reasons why you should say "it's not you, it's me" ...

5. Because this statement actually works even if it's a lie.
4. Telling someone that they're the problem makes you seem like an asshole, and maybe you are.
3. If the person is crazy, do you feel like dying in the moments after you tell him/her you want to split? use this statement.
2. Because it's someone else completely, like the girl you just met last week and has been intriguing you with her convo ever since.
1. Because it's the damn truth. (I know this is the same reason as another in the other section, but really, it makes sense)

Funny, I don't think I've ever used this phrase to let someone know it was over or ending. Whenever I've felt like ending a situation, I would just stop answering my phone. What? I know it's an asshole move, but it is the most effective method with the best message.

It says, "In my life, you are no longer welcome. I'm not placing blame on you or I, but just know it's over, and the fact that I'm not taking your phone calls should be a serious indication of this fact. I'm just saving you as much energy and time as I possibly can. If I answered the phone, I'd just lead you on further. I apologize (Never say I'm sorry because you give the opposition the chance to say "You are sorry." They can't say "You are apologize."). Have a nice life."

Now it's rare that someone gets this treatment. But it has happened a few more times than I would have liked. But there are some crazy females out there I tell you. Crazy.
----------
On another note, Prime is a great movie. It doesn't have the bullshit fairytale ending.

I remember Kduck saying that Walk The Line was Ray but for white people. Prime is How Stella Got Her Groove Back but for white people, aside from the realistic ending.

Although Stella's real-life story blew up anyway. Dude end up playing for the same team, and Terry McMillan and dude ended up playing their story out in front of the whole world on Oprah (well, maybe 97.3 percent of the female population).

Note: This is a perfect example of "it's not you, it's me" can be a truthful statement. If dude (sorry, can't remember his name) had said told Terry McMillan that it was her fault, she would have backslapped him straight again.