Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Where Are Y'all Going?

I've always had a problem with this one way people say they are in a relationship with someone:
"I'm going with him" or "I go with her" ...

It's pretty annoying. I'm always left to wonder "where are you going with him? To the moon? To class? On a trip to rediscover the Underground Railroad?"

I've never said it, well, at least I don't remember saying it. But it does bother me tremendously. Enough so to where I started thinking about where in the world this phrase "I go with him" derived from. ...

You know me, I overanalyze everything. So this time, I decided not to do that. I employed the help of Yahoo! Answers. I posed the question "what does going with someone mean?"

Yahoo! Response? It gave me the answer to the question "What does going down on someone mean?" Yeah, thanks Yahoo!.

So I decided to do a little more research in a dictionary. Apparently saying you go with someone means is similar to saying two colors go together or match well. I guess it makes sense.

But the first thing that comes to my mind is where you're and your friend are headed. But whatever, I guess I have to open my mind a little.