Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm Back, Once Again


So I have mad things I want to write about. I just don't feel like writing or thinking that much right now.

But I've got positive news. Everybody knows I'm a big fan of good R&B/Soul music, and one of my favorite artists right now is John Legend. I'm a fan of his music, not so much his antics on stage, which have quickly become played out.

Well, dude just dropped his first single for the album Once Again. The first track is titled "Save Room," and it actually sounds Beatle-esque. I say that because it doesn't quite sound like something you'd expect from an R&B artist. But when you list your musical influences as Stevie Wonder, this track kind of makes sense.

You'll understand within a minute of hearing it. I just wonder if this is a way of pulling in "that other crowd" even more. I mean, your rep is built on sultry soul, and although "Save Room" is implying to keep a cozy spot for him in here bed, it's sounds more like the theme song to Family Ties. "Shananananah....."

Anyway, I can almost guarantee that there will be plenty of soul involved on the album. Have you heard "Again" yet? Yeah, find this track. It's the truth, and it proves that JL still has the soul vibe working on Once Again. That's about all I can say, aside from hoping the album sounds more like "Again" than "Save Room." Weird though, when I first heard Get Lifted, the album, I wasn't impressed. But within two days I was sold/hooked/co-signing/repping JL like I was his PR man.

Once Again is supposed to drop in the fall, which means in December in CP time. But hopefully we won't have to wait the entire time to hear it all. Wink, Wink. Don't trip, I'll still buy it. Probably four or five copies.