Friday, December 01, 2006

It's Just My Thoughts

I got into a heated discussion with Wildcat Squared about my previous post about the n-word.

She claimed that the Rev. Jesse "I need to be fathering my love child" Jackson and Sen. Maxine "John Legend didn't write that song about you" Waters were a bit tardy or reactive with their desire to get the entertainment industry to stop using the n-word. Of course, this was caused by Kramer (I'm not typing the dude's real name because he's not worthy) going KKK.

I didn't find it to be a reactive ploy (read the entry below). We all know that the n-word is going to be laced throughout albums and movies until time ends because their is too much money to be made off of it. But I still thought it was measured move to make black people see that it's hypocritical to blast a white man for using a word we shouldn't use ourselves.

If we say "nigga this, nigga that" every five minutes, especially with a negative tilt which is most often the case, why shouldn't anybody else be able to use the word. The reason you hear the n-word come out the mouths of hispanics, asians and whites is because we have made it permissible to use the word. Whites call other whites "niggas." So do hispanics and asians, but not realizing what they're actually saying, and where it really came from. They just know it to be the hip thing to do.

Anyways. I digress.

Since Dub-Squared thought it was reactive. I'm going to be somewhat proactive and list what I think are the top five problems in black society today, and then give a quick remedy - or at least attempt to do so. (though it really can't be proactive because we're not pre-empting anything, I don't think.)

I started writing, and it seemed like a lot. So I'm gonna spread this over a few days and get all of my thoughts out.

But I'll at least give you the list so you know what's coming. Here goes ...

5. The Lack of a Leader
4. BET
3. The Missing Black Family
2. The Failing Public School System
1. Hip Hop's Negative Takeover

if you think there's anything that should be on this list, let me know.