Monday, January 08, 2007

If you know me ...

I over analyze everything, and I mean everything. I could give you my interpretation of why grass is green and not purple. But, thank God, I won't.

What I am going to do is analyze a couple of quotes that have been on my brain in the recent past.

1. "Me? I always tell the truth, even when I lie." ~ Tony Montana, Scarface.

Amid my boredom last week, I watched Scarface for the first time. I know, you're thinking "doesn't every black man have a poster of Scarface somewhere in his house?" Well, no. Some of us don't like violence like that. In fact I'll never own a gun.

Anyway, that's my favorite quote from the movie out of many quotable Tony Montana lines. I just found it impervious for no good reason. I think it was meant to be a sly shot at humor. But I really felt like he had the personally where those closest to him could read right through any lie he told, thus he'd still be telling the truth. (I'm overthinking this, aren't I?)

2. "My life is going just how I planned it, and it's scaring me."

I wonder if my life was going 90 percent the way I planned it if I would be scared. I seriously doubt it. I think I'd be scared if things were going as I planned them and I wasn't fulfilled. Maybe that's what this is, someone who has all they asked for and is still unhappy/insatiable. I don't know.

I guess this means that if your plan isn't happiness you might as well start on a new blueprint.

I'll think of something more interesting to write about tomorrow.

I'm still down because the Chiefs were posterized in Indy on Saturday. Anyways, I'm picking Florida to win the NCAA DI title tonight against Ohio State 23-17. We'll see, though. Ohio State is favored.