Sunday, January 28, 2007

Not Again ...

There is a reason why you do not attend movies with your parents, whatsoever.

I found out on Saturday when I treated my mother to a matinee. I don't know what I was thinking honestly.

We saw Catch and Release, the new Jennifer Garner movie. The movie was well, awkward, but good. It's about a woman whose fiancee dies before the wedding, and how she copes with it and deals with things she learns about him afterward.

Good plot thatI hadn't seen. It was full of good humor. But then everything went sour fairly quickly. Garner's character started to fall for someone, and they eventually went through the motions of "motion-picture sex."

Then i thought to myself, "My mother is really sitting right next to me."

I couldn't turn the channel. I couldn't get up and walk out. I was stuck, grossed out and wishing we'd gone to see Pursuit of Happyness again like she wanted.

It wasn't the first time it had happened, though. Somehow, the first time I saw Love Jones in the movies, it was with my mother. Weird, I know.

But I'll tell you this, the next time I go to the movies with mom, we will be seeing something G rated. Guaranteed.