Monday, April 09, 2007

Popped, Locked and Shot it


No, you will never see me pop, lock and drop it. But I think I have a new addiction. Pop-a-shot.

About three times in the last two weeks, I've venture down to the Plaza (pronounced PLAH-zah) to hang out with my cousins Alexandra the Great and Big Will. There's a new bar call the 810 Zone there, and they have a game room that features a golf simulator, a punching bag, pool tables and what not.

But the highlight, by far, is the Pop-a-shot, the one-minute shoot-at-will basketball game popularized in Fun Factories around the country. Growning up, it would be one of the only thing I really cared to do when going to the arcade.

And now, if I walk into the 810 zone, I must take a crack at it. I've gotten my score up into the mid-50s, but I must say, I have work to do.

Alex has a high of 82. Her boyfriend is shooting in the 70s consistently. I wonder if they're cheating somehow when I'm not looking (there are four different Pop-A-Shot games). All I know is that I want one in my house when I move/grow up.

I don't think it will fly in an apartament, but at the same time it would provided tons of entertainment and free throw practice. We'll see what happens.