Tuesday, May 01, 2007

She'll Be Calling You Kelly ...

... when yo name is TOMMY!

ed's note: the above is me being ignorant because I can not get the song I'm a Flirt Remix out of my head. I keep hearing it over again in my head especially the aforementioned line and T-Pain saying he's in love with a stripper. This has nothing to do with what follows.

I took a survey of my friends and co-workers yesterday. I wanted to know if anyone attended a wedding that didn't end on such a happy note.

You know, the wedding where the bride's father pays out his ass for everything his daughter wants and then she decides that she's doesn't particularly care for the person she's going to marry. Or the guy who gets cold feet the night before the wedding, and takes the first flight to Vegas the next morning.

Funny thing is, no one I asked had ever been witness to such a momentus event. Everyone said that they would love to be there if something so crazy ever happened.

It seems as though this is something that only happens on television or at the movies - take your pick. Girlfriends, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, A Different World and Spiderman 2. Yes, even Mary Jane left a dude at the alter for Peter Parker.

But where is the real life version of this at? You know that it has happened before, and will again. Case in point, the real life Runaway Bride. I'm actually shocked that it doesn't happen more often considering how much money can be saved despite the embarassment.

If you've ever experienced this - first-hand or second - please let me know. I'm really curious. It actually makes me want to go to all the weddings that I know of this year just to see if it will happen.