Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fast Foods Out

I went to Subway today and got a tuna sandwich. I'm gonna get on this Damone Watchers kick (it's the cheap version of Weight Watchers) for the rest of the summer so when my birthday rols around in August, I'll have it right and have it tight.

Anyway. As I pulled up to Subway, I noticed that nobody was in the restaurant. It looked like a Ghost town, and it got me to thinking.

I said to myself, self, out of the top five fast food restaurants which one would be the first one to completely fold, and close it's doors? It seems like the restaurants won't ever shut down, but if they did, what order would they go?

5. Kentucky Fried Chicken - This chain has been in a steady decline. We American's love our chicken, but we don't want it as screwed up as KFC has become over the years. The Colonel is probably spinning like a laundry machine in his grave.

4. Hardee's - They screwed up with the Thick Burger thing. It reminds me of the Mondo Burger from that one movie with Keenan and Kel. You know what I'm talking about.

3. Wendy's - As long as I'm alive, Wendy's isn't going anyway. It is my guilty pleasure.

2. McDonald's -Golden Arches? Kids know what they are at two. My nieces see the arches and scream until they get fries. Therefore, Mickey D's is safe.

1. Taco Bell - Did you not see Demolition Man? The movie predicted that all places to dine out would become Taco Bells? Yeah, there's proof of this. Yo Quiro Taco Bell. The Mexican-based food that has a part of the fabric of American society, and it's going nowhere soon.

Are there any other's I'm missing, restaurants that are super big chains? Sonic? Arby's?