Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day dreaming, and I'm thinking of you ...

Yo, people. I've been doing a little writing. Here's a small sample of something I'm working on... It's the start of this screenplay idea that's working through my mind and onto my laptop slowly but surely. Here's a sample.

WADE
It’s when you start dreaming with your eyes open, that’s when you really begin living.

JAY
A wet dream, right? That’s what you’re talking about? (Jay laughs, Wade smirks but isn't amused) For real, that’s about the only type of dream I want to experience awake.

WADE
You need to find some way to get the sewage out of your mind.

JAY
Wade, please. You act like you’re holier than thou. Last time I checked, which was about three minutes ago, you were determining whether or not that breezy over there was questionable or probable for a late night extravaganza.

WADE
But what does that have to do with what I’m talking about? (JAY shrugs his shoulders) Right. I’m on a serious tip. I feel like I’m having a midlife crisis, man.

JAY
You’re like 25, so unless you want to die a young corpse at 50, you might want to rephrase that to “quarter-life quandary.”

WADE
Quarter-life, mid life, I just know I don’t want to spend every day of my damn life waking up at seven a.m. to get to a job where I begrudgingly sit behind a desk, typing and responding to e-mails that end with exclamation points, only to come home with just enough time to catch two minutes of SportsCenter before I fall asleep and wake up to do the same thing the next day. I want more. Ya know?

JAY
Yeah, I know what you mean. You start feeling like a zombie.

WADE
And I’m not spending the best years of the rest of my life sleep walking. I need to live.

JAY
Then you need to find a few dreams to live for – a wet one and a real one. (they both laugh)

WADE
I couldn't agree more.