Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Just a Few of ...

... my favorite hip hop favs. One of my friends e-mailed me wanting a playlist of what I considered my favorite hip hop songs from a specific era. I gave her this: a sampling of a specific sound and era of hip hop. Thus I throw a little Kanye and Lupe in the mix. Let me know what you think, and what else you'd add to this working list.

Common's I Used to Love H.E.R.
Mos Def's Ms. Fat Booty
Jay-Z's Dead Presidents II
Notorious BIG's Juicy
Ice Cube's It Was A Good Day
Dr. Dre's Nuthin But A G Thang
Outkast's Elevators
Eightball & MJG's Space Age Pimpin
A Tribe Called Quest's Bonita Applebum
LL Cool J's Around The Way Girl
Wu Tang Clan's C.R.E.A.M.
Nas' If I Ruled The World
Lupe Fiasco's Kick Push
Nas' The World Is Yours
Kanye West's Get Em High
Doug E. Fresh's Keep Rising to the Top
Eric B. & Rakim's Don't Sweat the Technique