Monday, October 08, 2007

Operation Overload

Today is a crazy day in television for me. I normally don't watch that much, but tonight I will be glued to the tube like Lindsay Lohan to a bottle of Patron.

Here's a sample of what I'm up against. It's not fair I tell you. It's not fair.

Everybody Hates Chris, Girlfriends, The Game - which is about the change the game concerning black sitcom right now - all on the CW tonight.

Monday Night Football (The Cowboys, my second team behind the Chiefs, are on the big show) and MLB Playoffs (A-Rod and Jeter try to keep Joe Torre's job).

That's the norm for me. I can juggle all of these and be alright. But tonight, things get crazy.

VH1 has the Hip Hop Honors and I Love New York 2 (I'm gonna come back to this in a minute).

But to top everything off, The critically-acclaimed and scrutinized The Boondocks second season premieres tonight at 10:30.

This is crazy. On any regular night, I'd watch (almost) any of these programs, but tonight I will be confused.

The one thing I won't be watching is I Love New York 2. That chick is a jigaboo for real, and she and Flavor Flav are a disgrace to the black race. It's like the modern day, prime time Jerry Springer/Maury.

Now, I have a problem with the show period. But it got bigger when they decided to run the show right up against the BEST WRITTEN HOUR OF BLACK TELEVISION SINCE THE COSBY SHOW/A DIFFERENT WORLD THURSDAY TIMESLOT (If you don't know, I'm talking about Girlfriends/The Game on the CW).

Are you fucking kidding me? Yes, I'm that pissed. We, black people, have a chance to be entertained by two good story lines but VH1 is going to throw there jigaboo TV on at the same time and compete. That blows. Three words for VH1: PLAY MORE VIDEOS.
---------------------
As we head into Hip Hop Honors here's a thought: But did Busta, Timbaland, 50 Cent, LL and Dr. Dre all go on the Barry Bonds diet at the same time like it was going up their batting average?