Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tales from the EBP


I decide that I wanted to contribute something to StuffEducatedBlackPeopleLike. Being that the blog didn't have a header that remind you of/mock StuffWhitePeopleLike, I made one.

I sent it to the blog's author two nights ago, and within two minutes of sending it, she added it to the web site. Pretty funny. We've started a dialogue over e-mail and chat. She seems like a really cool, laid-back person. She has to be to write this blog.

I've even written her a sample entry or two she could use if she wants. If she does, I'll let you know.

But back to the important part: So my graphic-artist game is about to jumpoff. Not really, but I have received a couple of cool compliments from bloggers out there concerning the header.

Here's one taken from Mixin' It Up:

Bonus points for whoever designed the masthead image to StuffEducatedBlackPeopleLike, which I've included at the top of this post. Besides being identical in style and form to the original and their overt comparison in the "About" section, you'll notice a small tribute in the form of a picture of some Black folks in a fraternity step show. In the background is some kind of poster ad -- for sushi. Classic.

I was called "Classic." It gets no better.

The funniest part about it is that I didn't even realize that Sushi banner was in the background of the Alpha picture. The blog author actually pointed it out to me. Ironic. We both got a great laugh out of that one.

Anyway, stay tuned. Oh, and I may have some good news come next week. We'll see, though.