Sunday, October 30, 2005

Horrible Weekend ...

So this, as it turns out was a horrific weekend.
The lowdown ...
Friday: I watched a very interesting high school football game between two rival schools. That doesn't happen that often. It usually a blowout that's over by halftime. One of the other reporters asked if I wanted to go out, but I couldn't because of a trip to a place called Wamego, right, Wamego on Saturday morning.

Saturday: Wamego, Wamego oh how I wish "ididnt(havto) go." I thought the drive was going to be 1:15 minutes long max. Turned out to be two-hours plus thanks primarily to bad directions from Mapquest, which sent me through three towns smaller than the size of my bedroom with 85-year-old grandmas dominating the traffic.

Don't forget my Tigers were losing to the Blue Chickens (props to the Cookie, though it was a 13-3 defeat) ... and I got an unwelcomed call from rmattwill with a certain bragadocious tone.

Mind you I only spent 1 hour there chasing down about five or six kids/coaches. Then I had to drive back from the middle of BFE. Four-plus hours during the day on I-70 only to return home. I could have been in the STL, OK City, Omaha or Des Moines. Instead I was home, tired, and still had a story to write.

When I finished writing, I didn't want to do much of anything but sleep, and that's exactly what I did for nearly 10 hours. I waited for the Chiefs game to come on, and watch them get pounded by the SuperChargers 28-20.

The only two good things to happen: dailylight savings time and I didn't spend any money. ... On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best this weekend must be rated a 4.