Monday, November 28, 2005

A Couple of Things...

I've decided that I'm sticking with the full beard look also known as "The Grown Ass Man" look for a few more days/weeks ... it's growing on me, and it's rare that this ever does.

If Wildcat-squared had anything to say about this ... well she wouldn't say anything she just come at my face with shaving cream and a razor blade. My reasoning: the weather; the fact that there are plenty of guys I know who can't grow facial hair; my brother looks older than I do at times because of his facial hair, and I can't stand it. Tell me what you think ...

Also, I'm going through some old records (CDs) trying to get a good feel for my music. Here's a sampling of what I found. It definitely has a grown ass (black) man's feel to it:

Jill Scott - Beautifully Human: Words & Sounds, Volume 2
Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - the title track is something I'm feeling in my soul right now ...
John Legend - Get Lifted, Live at the Knitting Factory
Mike Phillips - Uncommon Demoinator, You Have Reached Mike Phillips
R. Kelly - Happy People
Rapheal Saadiq - Ray Ray
Donell Jones - Where I Wanna Be
Joe - All That I Am
Love Jones - The Soundtrack
Mary J. Blige - What's The 411?
What Women Want - The Soundtrack
Justin Timberlake - Justified
Big Luther - A Mixed CD
Anita Baker - My Everything

There's some great stuff in there. So as a write tonight - I'm going to make myself start something that I've been wanting to start for a while, and blog a little more - these are the records I'll be spinning. Smile.