Tuesday, December 06, 2005

If Only New Jack Were a Major ...

Okay, this is probably going to be annoying for some. But this is my favorite past time. Listening to music, and talking about it. Battling with someone who knows more songs or who can set the other person off with a track they didn't think they'd hear is one of my most favorite things to do. Here's a recent convo mainly about the New Jack Swing Era of R&B. Note, this is really a listing of songs, which most of them I know all too well.

If you can't stand this, you (women) probably wouldn't be able to last a week with me. This is what I do. Me, I know you'll enjoy this one. Oh, the 'queen" I'm going back with is Chloee, one of my best friends in the world and a fellow New Jack fanatic.

dmansmi: I'm getting tired of your shit, you don't never by me nothing
dmansmi: see every time you come around you got to bring Jim James Paul and Tyrone
cdl38d: now why can't we be by ourselves sometimes
dmansmi: See why can't we by ourselves sometimes, see I been having this on my mind for a long time
cdl38d: see i been havin' this on my mind, for a long time
dmansmi: I just want it tobe you and me like it used to be but you don't know how to act, so matta fact
dmansmi: ....
cdl38d: weirdo
dmansmi: HELP YOU GET YOUR SHIT
cdl38d: lol
dmansmi: I'm listening to it on yahoo radio, weirdo
dmansmi: lol
cdl38d: i listen to yahoo radio too
cdl38d: and immature is playing
dmansmi: wowdmansmi: Never Lie?
cdl38d: nodmansmi: which song
cdl38d: 'i can't stop the rain'
dmansmi: oh
cdl38d: some random song off their 'we got it'
cdl38d: cd
dmansmi: i remember it
dmansmi: vaguely
cdl38d: it sounds dumb
dmansmi: they were 11
dmansmi: lol, it's going to sound dumb
cdl38d: i can't believe marques houston is singing about mailto:f&@ckin all the time now
dmansmi: all the time, right
cdl38d: every song is like totally sexed over
cdl38d: 'tell me when will i see you smile again' - New Edition...it's playing right now
cdl38d: that was the jam
dmansmi: i know ... he's not tight at all ...
dmansmi: that's my shit
cdl38d: that's like their tightest song of all time
dmansmi: no ... Can you stand the rain
cdl38d: nocdl38d: that's the second best
dmansmi: I'm the King of the New Jack Swing Era ... I know
cdl38d: if you are the king i'm the queen
cdl38d: 'girl i see your eyes'
dmansmi: I'm not married to you, ugh ... lol
cdl38d: i apologize
cdl38d: tell me what to do
cdl38d: to get through to you
cdl38d: girl it's not the same
cdl38d: i know i was to blame
cdl38d: just tell me when will i
cdl38d: see you smile again
dmansmi: Sade - Smooth Operator
cdl38d: yes sisr
cdl38d: sisr
cdl38d: sir
dmansmi: lol ... you did it twice
cdl38d: bobby brown - getaway
dmansmi: Vivian Green - Fanatic ...
cdl38d: and humpin' around
cdl38d: we are talking about new jack swing here
cdl38d: not jazz
dmansmi: no ... I'm just telling you what I'm listening to punk
cdl38d: oh
cdl38d: lol
dmansmi: i'm going to the New Jack swing station now
cdl38d: love it!
dmansmi: SWV - I'm so into you
cdl38d: lol
dmansmi: ooohhh
dmansmi: Tony Toni Tone - It Never Rains
dmansmi: CrackHead - Shoop
cdl38d: all of Jodeci
dmansmi: Zhane - Groove Thang
cdl38d: Zhane - Sending my Love
dmansmi: R. Kelly - Down Low
dmansmi: sending my love was the shit
cdl38d: no, that's post new jack swing
cdl38d: r. kelly (and the public announcement) - vibe
dmansmi: Mint Condition - Forever In Your Eyes
dmansmi: R. Kelly (and public announcement) - Slow Dance
dmansmi: now
dmansmi: I got one for you ...
dmansmi: this one is going to set you off ...
dmansmi: Guy - Piece of my Love
cdl38d: yes sir yes sir
cdl38d: guy- groove me
dmansmi: yeah buddy
cdl38d: guy - teddy's jam
dmansmi: Bobby Brown - Get away ... is actually playing right now ...
cdl38d: that's the sh1t!
dmansmi: i know you already said it
dmansmi: Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison and Do ME!
cdl38d: Bell Biv DeVoe - i thought it was me
dmansmi: that's what I'm talking about
dmansmi: Boyz II MEn - Cooleyhighharmony
dmansmi: lolcdl38d: right, the whole dang cd
dmansmi: lol
dmansmi: Jodeci - Forever My Lady ... It's Like a dream, I'm hold you close, you're keeping me warm
cdl38d: i told you before ALL OF JODECI
dmansmi: i know, i just wanted to sing it
cdl38d: loldmansmi: H-Town - Knockin Da Boots ...
cdl38d: mary j. blige - what's the 411
dmansmi: that's it
dmansmi: that's the jam
dmansmi: Al B. Sure - Nite and DAy
cdl38d: mint condition - pretty brown eyes
dmansmi: have you heard they're new song?
cdl38d: no
cdl38d: but i know it's tight
dmansmi: Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity ...
cdl38d: b/c they are very underrated
dmansmi: it is THE SHIT
cdl38d: johnny gill - rub me the right way
dmansmi: you need to watch the video on yahoo, it's called whoa
cdl38d: loldmansmi: j. gill - My, MY, Mydmansmi: "whoaa" with
2 asdmansmi: Shai - Comforter, If I Ever Fall In Love
cdl38d: right
dmansmi: that was my ish back in the day ...
cdl38d: i got one for you
dmansmi: k
cdl38d: jane child - i don't want to fall in love
dmansmi: Guy - Groove Me
cdl38d: i bet you don't remember that one
dmansmi: i don't
cdl38d: i already said guy -groove me
cdl38d: and teddy's jam
dmansmi: you didn't say groove me
cdl38d: yes i did
dmansmi: SWV - Weak. did you know SWV had a greatest hits album?
cdl38d: i'm sure they did
dmansmi: they didn't have that many songs
cdl38d: yes they did
dmansmi: Tony Toni Tone - Let's get down
cdl38d: they're first cd was just the best one
dmansmi: not enough to make a greatest hits cd
dmansmi: maybe half of a cd
cdl38d: lol
dmansmi: If I had no Loot
dmansmi: oohhh ... Brian McKnight - The Way Love Goes
cdl38d: tony toni tone - let's get down came out in '97
cdl38d: that's post new jack swing
cdl38d: new jack swing stops at '96
dmansmi: iguess ... I'm the king, I get to say when stuff starts and stops
cdl38d: whatever
dmansmi: lol
dmansmi: Babyface - For the Cool in You ...
dmansmi: Zhane - Hey Mr. DJ
dmansmi: TLC - Baby, Baby, Baby
cdl38d: babyface - never keeping secrets
cdl38d: toni braxton - another sad love song
dmansmi: Babyface - When can I see you again
dmansmi: Dru Hill - in my bed
cdl38d: once again dru hill is '97
dmansmi: no, it's 96 ... I'm looking at this one
cdl38d: whatever!
dmansmi: ooohhh
: Blackstreet - Before I let you go
cdl38d: blackstreet- bootie call
dmansmi: taht was a good one too
dmansmi: No Diggity
dmansmi: No doubt
dmansmi: Keith Sweat - make it last forever
cdl38d: keith sweat - there you go tell me no again
cdl38d: keith sweat - there's a right and a wrong way to love somebody
dmansmi: yeah
dmansmi: Brandy - Iwannabedown .... lol
cdl38d: brandy - baby
dmansmi: brandy - brokenhearted
dmansmi: Boyz 2 Men - End of the Road
dmansmi: Xscape - Just Kickin It
cdl38d: damn real
dmansmi: right
cdl38d: xscape was tight
dmansmi: right
cdl38d: what you ran out of songs
dmansmi: nocdl38d: well i did
cdl38d: temporarily
dmansmi: i went downstairs for a sec to get some carrots
dmansmi: you suck ... lol
cdl38d: oh
cdl38d: rabbit
dmansmi: tricks are for kids ...
dmansmi: Mariah Carey - Dreamlover
cdl38d: the whole damn musicbox
ccdl38d: cd
dmansmi: here you go ... Joe - I'm In Luv ...
dmansmi: BBD - I Thought It Was Me
cdl38d: round and round i go
cdl38d: i said that one already
dmansmi: Ahhh ... B2M and LL - Hey Lover
cdl38d: i got one for you
dmansmi: R. Kelly - Bump N. Grind ... the whole 12 Play Album ...
cdl38d: joe public - (forgot the name of the song)
cdl38d: portrait - here we go
cdl38d: unv - something's going on
dmansmi: portrait was my shit ...
dmansmi: How about LoKey? do you remember LoKey?
cdl38d: yes
cdl38d: i got a thang for ya baby
dmansmi: that was my shit
cdl38d: told you i'm the queen
dmansmi: they wre from KC
cdl38d: sounds of blackness - keep your head to the sky
dmansmi: Hi-Five - Quality Time, She's Playing Hard to Get
dmansmi: The Boys - ....
cdl38d: yes
cdl38d: hi-five - just can't handle it
dmansmi: right
dmansmi: Tevin Campbell - Always in my Heart
cdl38d: tevin campbell -round and round
dmansmi: Tevin Campbell - I'm Ready
dmansmi: Tevin Campbell - Can We Talk
cdl38d: tevin campbell - tell me what you want me to do
dmansmi: that was the shit ...dmansmi: Tevin Campbell - Breakdonw
dmansmi: i know you remember that one
cdl38d: yeah, that song was nasty
dmansmi: it was this shit
dmansmi: Troop - All I do
dmansmi: Troop - Sweet November
cdl38d: Troop was the sh1t
dmansmi: rightcdl38d: joe public - live and learn
dmansmi: oh my gosh ... that was my ish ... You got to live and learn ...
cdl38d: before your bridge is burned
dmansmi: rightcdl38d: you gotta live and learn
cdl38d: boyz II men - oooh ahhh!
dmansmi: i already said cooleyhighharmony punk
dmansmi: lol
cdl38d: it's playing now
dmansmi: that's tight
cdl38d: mary j. blige - real love
dmansmi: Keith Washington - tonight is right
cdl38d: keith washington is fine
dmansmi: Mary J. blige - Sweet Thang (a remake)