Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Indecent Proposal ...

(NOTE: I have never paid anyone to write anything for me that I was supposed to write ... lol)
Amid a bit of frustration and sleepiness in the midday, I asked a friend jokingly if she'd like to write a story for me. A 450-word masterpiece of minimalism for 20 GWs. I knew she wouldn't go for that, but I had to low-ball her at first. She told me I was crazy.

I then pushed the price up to a benjamin. She jumped at the idea of that. Since Ihave standards and morals, it was just small talk and there was no transaction. But the convo churned itself right into an interesting subject: Who would you not go to bed with if offered the $1 million price.

She proceeded to name a few famous people who she'd turn down no matter what, and I just thought to myself "ONE MILLION DOLLARS" - An obvious Dr. Evil moment - "How could you possibly turn that down even if it were Roseanne Barr herself?" I don't know.

If faced with the situation, I might have to consider setting aside my morals - at least for a few minutes - in an effort to accomplish the greater good.

I'm sure when you read this you immediately think of the Demi Moore, Woody Harrelson and Robert Redford classic. A great film with a great cast and an unbelievable plot, which brings me to my next point.

I think I could do it (notice that I said think). I'm good at putting things out of my mind that I don't want to trouble me after three days or so.

But I don't know that I would want my wife/significant other in that situation. At first thought, it seems enticing but it's something that can really stick with you - just the idea of someone you're intimate with sharing that with someone else. I guess in that right, I'm selfish. But who isn't?

My question for you: Is a million dollars worth a night like Demi Moore had in the movie? Leave a comment with your response ...