Friday, December 23, 2005

My Most Favorite Movies of 2005

Note that I didn't say the best movies. I don't like all types of movies. I have an undiganosed version of ADD meaning it's takes a lot to hold my attention for two hours.

But here are the movies that actually captivated me this year. There are a few that I still need to see like Derailed and Rumor Has It. But this is my top 5 thus far.

1. Crash: A gripping tale of lives intersecting. The weird thing about this is Ludacris actually gave a great performance in this film along with Sandra Bullock, Thandie Newton and Matt Dillon.
2. In Good Company: an atypical plot in your everyday setting. The relationship between Topher Grace and Dennis Quaid’s characters is so unusual that it’s quite intriguing. The thing I like most though, this doesn’t have a your everyday happy ending all around.
3. Batman Begins: I thought this movie would be flawed because they went backwards. But this is easily my most favorite of the Batman movies because it is truly dark and not goofy.
4. Just Like Heaven: I’m backwards because I like improbable romantic comedies. But I think this one got to me because of the serendipitous feel to the whole thing. It’s unlikely, but a lot of us need angels like the one in this movie to wake us up.
5. Hustle & Flow: To me, the story isn’t about the hood or ‘the life of a pimp,’ but rather a tale of a flawed man trying to realize a fairly impossible dream. And for the record, Ludacris sucks in this movie.

Quote of the day: "My only job in life is to keep her off the pole! Keep my baby off the pole. I mean, they don't grade fathers, but if your daughter's a stripper, you've fucked up." ~ Chris Rock talking about parenting a female child in Never Scared.