Wednesday, December 07, 2005

They call me Wordsmith for a reason...

So what do you do when its like subzero Celsius (and fells like subzero Fahrenheit) outside, and there is about six inches of snow on the ground?

You keep your ass in the house, and bring out the board games.

"The Champ is Here." drums. "The Champ is here." ~ VickDamone, Jr.

Tonight was all about Scrabble, and you know I had to defend my championship. I was happy to be playing it again. The last time I played it I had tons of fun winning in a major way. Now, I haven't been beaten the last four times I've played in my house (I'm like the Chiefs at home in December, I don't lose).

I scathed by Demond for a 228-223 win. I got stuck with the X, J, Z and Q at different points. But I still came through with words like quoted, java, ox, maize and hue. I'm glad I knocked him off after our last encounter on a board game, Monopoly, in which my attempt to take over Roomie's and Me's property was thwarted by the aforementioned people who schemed with Demond to beat me. Bullshit, to this day.

But I got my revenge. How sweet it, vengance, is when it's not about trying to screw up somebody's life. Dr. Evil: Muhahaha. Muhahaha. Muhahaha. Muahahaha.

A song that comes to mind: James Brown, The Payback. I'm fool, I know.