Friday, February 24, 2006

It takes (LOVE) to make a man ...

"We weren't around as much, and we were the center of my dad's universe. … If my father was here today, I'd forgive him and apologize to him." ~ A.J. Detwiler, a Pennsylvania high school wrestler who witnessed his father murder his mother and then looked on as his younger brother Corey killed their father Andrew in self-defense as he raised a gun toward his sons.

At this point in life, I don't know if I could forgive my father for what he's done over the course of time. It's not this bad, but it's bad enough. I admire A.J. heart, but I don't know? Here's where my head is now ...

So this story began
with a boy telling his son
that he needed a man to be a man
Now, understand the logic I could
But I misunderstood just what would
really make me
Never knew that it would be you
who would forsake/brake me
and take me to the depths of hate
I never knew.
But your story was all untrue
You couldn't really reach me
when you never truly practiced
what you tried to teach:
"Don't go through people,
Go straight to the source."
But when you came at me,
you were the one who came off course,
Of course, what more would you expect
from lesser men,
the type quick to put himself before
his next of kin?
You're a coward more akin
to Tyson when he wouldn't answer the bell
something like that chicken,
You purposely attempt to fail.
It was a different view from age one-two,
I believed your words as though they were truth.
But at two-five, the game's changed.
Still, you remain the same
Running like a child from children
You didn't want to claim.
Don't trip,
Game recognizes Lame
and right now, you're looking real familiar
Sure, we're familia,
but Lucifer, not Lee, should be your name.
there days I wonder if through you he came.
But hey, your sin in the end,
will be a win-win for us all,
because united we'll stand
and alone we'll watch you fall.
beat dead or deadbeat,
Father, it's not really unique.
I'm ok if we don't speak,
until the day your heart stops it's beat.
Now, I don't know how it's going to end,
Don't care, I just know that it will.
Just here to inform you that when that day comes
My world will be anything but still.
On that day, I'll assume the role of a man
i'll dissolve my disdain for you with a newfound love,
But nevermind, that's something you couldn't comprehend.