Monday, February 27, 2006

Massage of My Life

ST. LOUIS - So I made a fairly spontaneous trip to the STL this weekend. I worked my way out of a bad assignment for work that would have sent me on a four-hour trek west of KC into the abyss known as the fields of corn and wheat.

Instead, I took a 30-minute flight east for a two-day escape to see the Chlogee. The synopsis of the weekend: The Itis is still alive. If you don't know, you betta ask somebody, preferably not me if you can't catch on in the next few sentences. But we ate at IHOP, went to the mall and then slept. Then she took me to this classy grille and market called Lucas & Park. Must say, the salmon I had, and the duck I nibbled on was the shit, then we slept.

After a mild, yet cool (full of Mizzou reunions) evening out on the town Saturday night, we woke Sunday morning and snacked on sausage and scrammbled eggs. After eating, I immediately took a two-hour nap while Meet the Fokkers played (AS-HOOOLLEE!).

... Too much eating, too much sleeping. Itis. I felt like I was back in kindergarten all over again.

Now, aside from seeing Chlogee for the first time in a year, I must say the best part of the trip was my undesired trip to The Sharper Image inbetween the trip to IHOP and the first nap of the weekend. Chlogee has some sort of infatuation with this place. I told her that she reminds me of Heathcliff Huxtable with her desire for weird gadgets.

We were in the store for about five minutes, and were walking to the door. Instead of walking out, we hung a left in the store, and ended up sitting in these $2000 massage chairs. Now, I thought that these things would be a joke.

But with the Itis settling in, and a trip to the bed not in the immediate future (it wasn't that far away though) we thought we'd sit in the chairs for a minute, and get a lil rub. Dude, Immaculate.
That's all I can say.

I haven't had a massage that good in easily four years. Females aren't made with hands that could dare grip my back/shoulders/ankles like that at once. It was amazing. I promise you, Heaven wasn't that far away, and if I had $2000 to blow, I would have bought one as soon as I got back to KC.

After 15 minutes, I still didn't want to leave the chair. I just wanted a plasma TV carted in front of me with Everybody Hates Chris, Boondocks and Girlfriends re-runs on, and I would have been great. That would have been Heaven.

But I had to get up, before I really fell asleep. It was that good. If I get a few minutes later, I be back with why St. Louis is a better city for young black professionals than Kansas City, but for no other reason. Fuhgetabout anybody who says SODA. It's pop, bitch.