Sunday, April 30, 2006

Julissa: "Still Sit Down"

I think I need to clarify something. I did a better job of explaining the Julissa situation to Ms. Huxtable last night.

I do dislike her, but I believe there's more disdain because of who she and Tigga replaced. Free embodied hip hop. A.J. was a gerp, but he brought a little bit of a suave, intellectual sense to the show.

It's like trying to replace Bill Cosby with Richard Pryor on the The Cosby Show after a four-year stint as America's favorite television father.

Now, you have Tigga, who is just a hood emcee who honestly looks like an idiot hosting any show (106 or BET Style), and Julissa, who seems like she came straight off of a video (hoe) shoot. (I guess this would be like trying to replace Phylicia Rashad with say Tyra Banks as America's most astute mom, it doesn't work.)

To me, these two have no depth. They're just "fa sho" pieces who don't have much more to offer. Make sense? Aight, I'm out. I've got work to do, but I'll be back later. ... No clue as to what I'll write.