Friday, April 07, 2006

Nina Simone Said It Best ...

"Oh, Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood."

I don't love anybody for their damn looks. The following conversation is not what you want to come home from a funeral to have, but I guess I need to clarify the point above.

JLBD (10:13:51 AM): how do you define beauty?
JLBD (10:14:27 AM): phyical beauty that is?
JLBD (10:18:19 AM): the reason why i ask is because i think your blog is contradictory
JLBD (10:18:58 AM): you are trying to make the point that people should love a person for their inner being, however, without even realizing it i think you are loving (Double B) for her physical attributes
JLBD (10:19:15 AM): you have made countless statements about how she is the finest girl you've ever seen
JLBD (10:19:18 AM): and
JLBD (10:19:40 AM): you seem to make it a point that people should love for the inner person, but her inner person ain't fine
JLBD (10:19:44 AM): and you still love her
JLBD (10:19:49 AM): so do you love ugly inner beings?
JLBD (10:19:52 AM): just food for thought
JLBD is idle at 12:34:44 PM.
JLBD is no longer idle at 12:38:22 PM.
vickdamone (12:41:28 PM): (jlbd) ... stop thinking negative about the situation. I don't love that girl for what she looks like. That's not how I love people at all. If that was the case, there would be a slew of girls that I was in love with through high school and college. I honestly think you should know me, and my definition of love, a bit better than that at this point. I love the girl for who she is, no matter how ugly her insides are or how beautiful she is on the outside because she's been a significant part of my life for four years, positive and negative.
JLBD (12:42:07 PM): you know what, i'm done making comments about this
JLBD (12:42:30 PM): i will not allow another person or your senselessness for that person to come between our friendship
JLBD (12:42:32 PM): case closed
vickdamone (12:42:50 PM): (jlbd), I'm just saying that you attacked my character for no reason ...
JLBD (12:42:56 PM): i did not
JLBD (12:43:02 PM): i simply was making a point
JLBD (12:43:11 PM): if you took it to heart that's not my problem
vickdamone (12:44:41 PM): and my point is, is that you don't not stop loving somebody if they screw you over. It's not like I've lost love for my father or mother through all of the hell they've put me through. It's not like Jesus lost love for the man who speared his hand to the cross. That's love, even if its from a distance ... it's not about the physicality of the situation ...
JLBD (12:45:01 PM): ok
vickdamone (12:46:59 PM): if I loved her for her physical attributes, I would have been gone a long time ago when she blew up.
JLBD (12:47:07 PM): ok
vickdamone (12:47:23 PM): i'm done ... how are you other wise?

The one word answer signifies that there is no more conversation to be had. lol.

The thing that people don't see are the good qualities that a person like (Double B) has in a situation like this. I understand that, and have no problem with it because I wouldn't see the good qualities in a person my friend had a relationship with like this either. It just pisses me off that someone who knows me so well would attack me on such a level to say that I unconcsiously have those same hollow thoughts about what love is.

The good, fun loving, spirited person that I grew to know is why I love her. The bad selfish, shallow, unrelenting and unforgiving child I see most often now is why we're apart. That doesn't make me stop loving her for who she is, it just makes me want to distance myself from her. Understood? Good.