Saturday, April 01, 2006

No More Mr. Nice Guy ...

So there's this assertion that keeps popping up. Apparently I'm a nice guy, too nice. So nice, kind and caring that people around me who aren't saying anything to me are observing my mannerisms and actions, and pulling away that I'm a nice guy per conversations they're having with other friends of mine.

I found a bone/potential piee of plastic in the salmon i ordered at Macaroni Grill tonight. I was fairly polite, and asked for a manager. He got there, I told him his waitress had done a good job, but there was freaking "bone/plastic, I don't know which one it was, in my salmon," in a calm manner.

I didn't ask him to replace the meal or to take it off the check. I just figured that he would, and he did. Now, Double B, who hits 22 on Wednesday, thought that I tried a little to hard to be stern. I didn't really see it. I just wanted him to know he had to take care of the shit with out having to tell him what needed to be done.

In my book, I shouldn't have to tell you that my meal should be free. If my bill came back with the salmon on it, I would have about blew a gasket. I think saying this meal needs to be on the house is a little too much myself - again, I guess I'm a nice guy.

Now while I don't mind this, I don't necessarily like it all that much. People often mistake niceties and kindness for weakness or "bitch-made tendencies" of which, I proclaim to have few. Thus, this bothers me, and I don't quite no what to do.

I say "sir" and "ma'am" to everyone, including people who are younger than me. I never make rude statements, except for when I was drunk and asked a girl who looked liked she'd size up with Verne Troy how tall she was. That was fucked up, but I was drunk.

When sober, evil words don't come out that easily. I mean, I'll curse, but I'm not cursing, that often in front of people I don't know, aside from those times when I'm walking in the mall, telling a story with foul language and a mom and her grade schoolers trot by me.

I don't talk about people, unless what I'm saying about them is as obvious as it gets and I wouldn't have that much of a problem saying it in their face either.

I think within these explanations, I'm trying to make up for this whole extra nice thing. At heart, I'm a nice person. But I know how to/will be an asshole when tempted. Like the description says "I love with the Passion, so don't cross me."

Anybody who actually crosses me, understands well. It's like that saying, the last person you want to really upset is the nicest guy in the room because he'll lose it. That's me. The Macaroni Grill manager would have seen me get brand new had there been salmon on that check I tell you.

But on a real tip, I think I'm going to get away from the overly open and friendly person I can be. I'm going into a shell of sorts. No more fun-loving squeaky high-pitched voice. I'm going Barry White 24/7 to let these people know I mean business.

If somebody looks at me twisted, instead of politely saying hello, it's gonna be "What the fuck are you looking at?"

I'm mean mugging 24-set as well. So don't be shocked if I'm not laughs and giggles when you see around your way. The new Vick Damone is gonna be a cruel bastard (not really, I just needed to vent).