Monday, April 03, 2006

The Show Never Lies, But Bia Bia's Do

So, I'm a different kind of guy. I'll admit it. I love hard, and when I'm immersed in such activity, I'm drenched with the "i'm in love" look.

It's a place most guys I know won't bother to go that often. Like I said, I'm different. I'm the "nice guy," as stated in a recent post.

My affinity for such shows as Girlfriends and Sex in the City (note: I loathe the idea of Desperate Housewives) let you in on this well-documented fact. I figured a long time ago that one of the best ways into the female psyche is to have female friends, watch what they watch on television, read some of the things they read. I have learned a lot, and have been able to then converse with women on a level most guys can't/won't.

So, yes, I've read He's Just Not That Into You and some of the Zane and Dickey catalog. I thumb through female mags in Target from time to time. I purchased one copy of Cosmo, though I must admit Beyonce (I don't like her, but she is fine as hell) was on the cover and there was an insightful article about how to "never lose your orgasm again." (I tend to be a giver)

I desire to have the Sex in the City DVD collection as a gift at some point in life (hint to those close to me) and I have watched virtually every Girlfriends re-run. If I'm not working Monday nights, I'm usually plopped down in front of the tube at 8pm CST to watch Toni Childs and Co. at work.

Yes, even before watching the first half of a wack NCAA championship game, I chose Girlfriends, a show about four black LA women and one man (who wants the scoop on women like I do, but often finds himself aloof as well) who are all friends.

In this episode, a re-run I hadn't seen yet, Joan found herself in quite a pickle, and a situation of ironic proportion considering today's events in my life. She hosts an opening for her new restaurant, the J-Spot. She flirts harmlessly with a professional athlete who shows up and wants to rent the place out for a party. Not five minutes later, an editor from some restaurant magazine, played by Wayne Brady, shows up and starts his interview with her.

They talk for a few hours, and when it's time for it to end Brady's character says he "was done with the interviewing two hours ago," which meant he was trying to get the draws. Apparently, his conversation worked, he got the three-month rule yielding Joan to run the red light and right into his bed.

I don't know if it was a same-night affair, as I multitasked by doing my sit-ups and push-ups during the show.

Not long after, she questioned if he'd slept with her out of convenience because of the interview, possibly thinking it was a freebie that came along with the presskit. When Brady came in for a kiss at the photo shoot for the mag cover, she went so far as to reject him twice and ask him why he slept with her.

I was straight up surprised that Brady didn't try to choke that bitch for embarrassing him in public. (Sorry, I had to do it.)

He told her no, and then backed off the situation for a few hours. Brady's character then asked Joan the same question, if she slept with him to make sure she got the magazine cover or if she was truly sincere about her feelings about him.

He asked if she really cared what other people thought about their situation considering the previous rejection, saying that he had real feeling for her.

She retorted by saying she cared what other people thought, but that she felt like they had "connected and that i'm beginning to fall in love with you."

He seemed satisfied, but shouldn't have been. The next day, Joan actually set up a date with the athlete who came to the grand opening.


As Toni Childs would say: Joan (Bitch) Clayton. Boo on UPN, because it left the cliffhanger for next week.

But that's it. If you really care about somebody and being with that person, it shouldn't matter what other people think. You shouldn't be worried about being seen in public with that person or what other people say about your situation, and you definitely shouldn't be setting up dates with pro athletes or anyone else aside from your hair dresser or manicurist.

I've seen a few episodes ahead, and Wayne Brady is ghost like Swayze. That doesn't bode to well for Joan, and her "fall in love with you" statement. I hate when females tell this type of big-ass lie.

What I learned from this episode: 1) You can't trust everything important thing a female says to you. As Chris Rock said, we men tell small lies, but women, they lie at the most crucial moments like, "It's your baby!!!"


2) But also, if you're serious about someone at any level then you don't have a problem with making them an inclusive part of your life that others know about. That looked like it really hurt Brady's character and seemed like it would bite anyone else pretty hard, including myself.
----
On another note, these new shoes actually don't look bad at all. I seriously thought only women could buy shoes for less than $20, and get away with it. I'm about to go run in them right now.