Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Three's Too Much Company

"I always have contended, somewhat jokingly, that there should be rules outlawing men from gathering in groups of three or more without a woman as chaperone or serious surveillance equipment. Whitlock's law: A man's intelligence, maturity and decision-making skills decrease as the number of men within earshot of his voice increases." ~ Jason Whitlock, Sports Columnist, The Kansas City Star

J-Dub penned these words in reference to the Duke Lacrosse scandal, and I guess that a survellance video would have been nice considering the DNA isn't coming through.

But this quote kind of got me thinking ... The same rule should apply to women as well.

Don't crucify me just yet. Just consider it. Sure, there's plenty of ignorance that can go down when you put three or more men in a room. But three or more women? That's an automatic feminism awareness rally where men bashing is at its best.

If there's at least one man, maybe two, in the room with them, there is a chance that the women might leave with positives vibes about men, what we think and why we act the way we do sometimes. Think of William Dent, the mainstain male in Girlfriends.

He often stops the four of the women from doing some crazy stuff, that's all I'm saying.

No, women probably don't need video cameras or anything like that. They're not going to sexually assault a stripper (and honestly, I would hope the stripper/s could fend for himself). But they will get fairly unruly.
-------
on that whole Duke Scandal, I'm a little confused. I don't really know what to think because you've got a stripper, a woman who takes her clothes off for a living, claiming to be sexually assaulted by some Lacrosse players, and now there's no DNA.

Not saying I don't stand behind a person who says they were assaulted, and feel for her/him. I just don't know if this is going to go anywhere unless a Lacrosse player speaks up or they slip up through wire taps or something.

I do know this, none of those guys favorite song right now is "I'm in Luv Wit A Stripper."