Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wildcat-Squared Gone Wild

So Wildcat-squared has lost her mind. She's back in KC momentarily since her three-year law school hiatus in downtown Chicago has ended. You think with all that education coming to an end, she would finally screw things on straight? Nope. lol.

For the second time in three days she called in an evening hour trying to get me to meet her out somewhere. On Saturday night, she wanted me to meet her on the Plaza at 1 a.m. (I don't live in the Chi or NY so you don't leave to go out at 1 a.m.) Plus, I had already retired my duds for the night for some sweats. I was going nowhere but underneath my sheets for some shuteye.

She didn't understand this, and continued to badger me about how I needed to comeback out. Wasn't happening.

Fast forward to last night.

I get a phone call from her at about 9:45 p.m.

"Damon, meet me somewhere."

"I'll meet you at my house," I responded while already sitting comfortably on the couch in my living room watching VH1 Soul. Again, no exception to the rule. My chill clothes were on, I was going nowhere fast.

She didn't quite understand this. Wildcat-squared badgered me like a courtroom witness/accused for the next hour or so about why I should either meet her at her house or halfway.

"I bet you if I told you that (insert name of innocent crush here) were going to be here, you'd come," she said.

"Yeah, this is true. I'd be there in five minutes," I replied, knowing the drive to the BF-East KC would take 30. "Five hours later, I'll be there in five minutes. But she's not."

I didn't budge. Not one bit.

She resorted to name calling, and even got wildcat-squared momma into the mix. Finally, she came up with a feasible way to decide who would make the trek to see who.

"Let's play rock, paper, scissors."

I had never played the game over the phone, and didn't quite trust her. So I actually devised a plan to make it work.

"I'll type my answer on AIM , you walk away from your computer and tell what you choose, best of five," I said, knowing full well that if I lost I wouldn't leave. I just thought it would be fun to play over the phone/AIM.

But it's me. I didn't lose. I won my first ever game of Rock, Paper, Scissors on the Phone/Internet. Three games to two. That Northwestern Law School Education couldn't do much for her in that moment of common sense (lol). She shunned off my award, though, just as I would have her. Wildcat-Squared punked out.

Honestly, it's what I expected. Like I said, we're in KC, not NY.