Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Remember the Names ...

I saw this on MySpace, and thought I'd do it. It makes for an interesting post considering I've been given two new nicknames (D. Scott Heron and The Screwdriver) in the last week. I can't believe I've been called, and responded to this many names.

Think back to all of the nicknames you have had and who gave them to you: Start from parents to friends and list your top ones, start with your real name: Here are mine!!

1. Damon Scott Jenkins (BORN)

2. Damon Scott Jenkins Smith(once claimed)

3. Lil' Lee (from father’s friends because I looked like him)

4. Lee Lee (Again from father’s friends)

5. Dee (a shortening of my name from friends)

6. Asshole (affectionately from my brother during our formative years as we fought daily)

7. GB (female friends in high school who thought that I had a ghetto booty. They had a song and everything)

8. d-man (old Boss Bill Norton and Jeff Douglas, fellow journalist)

9. Scott (myself, when I went to college and tried to change my name. didn’t work because I never responded)

10. dmansmi (my e-mail moniker, but everybody started calling me this after a while)

11. Dame (Jack Harry, a TV anchor in KC that I worked with during an internship)

12. D. Scott (my byline in college my after my sophomore year. Nicole W. came up with this one)

13. Vick Damone, Jr. (Kelvin, saying “What the fcuk is a Vick Damone?” over and over again)

14. The Cookie Monster (Double B, no explanation)

15. D-Bear (figure it out)

16. Victor (derived by Double B from Vick Damone, Jr.)

17. Damien (you don't want to know)

18. The Screwdriver (by Greg, while playing basketball because of what I aim at every time I shoot)

19. D. Scott Heron (from Ms. HeathClaire Huxtable, this one is my favorite right now)

You can refer to me as Dame, D. or Vic and I’ll be sure to respond. What’s your best one? Leave it in the comments!