Monday, June 26, 2006

Just A Thought ...

and a stupid one at that. But I think I may have stumbled upon why some blacks don't use proper grammar.

The song Gettin Some Head by Shawnna of Disturbing Tha Peace. It's talking about "receiving oral sex," the proper way of saying it. Put it like this, what if the hook went like this (sing it in your head):

I was receiving some head,
receive, receiving some head
I was receving some head,
receive, receiving some head
I was receiving some head,
receive, receiving some head
I was (She's the kind of girl who will make your toes fly)

So, yeah. That doesn't quite sound right, does it?

My second question for the evening comes from an interesting observation from the family of Kaduk's. K-duck's broham asked him why there are so many black actors portraying elderly black women in movies.

He asked me, and I started thinking. There's Madea (Tyler Perry) and Big Momma (Martin Lawrence). Both carried guns as well. I don't quite understand what the obsession is with a black man playing his grandma or someone old enough to be that person. But there are, in my opinion, two too many black guys playing those roles and making a crapload of money off of those characters.