Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Yup, In My White Tee ...

Yup in my white tee [x12]
[Hook x2]
I slang in my white tee
I bang in my white tee
All in the club spitting game in my white tee
I bling in my white tee serve feigns in my white tee
Fuck a throwback i look clean in my white tee


So I walked in the mall today, just making one of my frequent trips to Panera for a writing getaway/excursion. Being that it’s summer time, the kids are in the mall all day.

As I got to the door, I experienced my first attack of the grouped together white tees. Understand now that I shelter myself from ignorance (is that really feasible?). I keep myself away from most things I consider to be unnecessary like grocery store or Wal-Mart lines on a Saturday afternoon (I always go at night).

I avoid white tees by not going to hood-infested clubs or bars, and for all-intensive purposes, staying out of the hood-infested areas whenever possible.

But on this day, I couldn’t avoid the white tees, because the white tees were all around me.

I started thinking to myself that song is talking about how these dudes actually feel liberated in their white tees because they can’t really afford much else or the throwback they really wanted. These idiots could sow up two more t-shirts if they just cut that one down to their ankles into thirds.

Yes. The white tees were at their ankles. No joke. They could have made a dress. There’s nothing wrong with wearing a t-shirt. Nothing wrong with it at all until you can’t see your pants legs at all because of the t-shirt’s length. That’s when we have a problem.

But what makes it worse is that they’re just doing it because they heard it in a song. Hip Hop sets trends, and this is an unfortunate one. This is one of the best examples as to why rappers need to watch some of the things they say because idiots like these kids mimick what they do/say.

You end up with a sect of the population wearing white tees longer than sundresses. And I don’t care if you’re slanging, banging or spitting game in your white tee, that is all bad.

I just want the day to come when you'll be able to wear a white tee, a fitted one or a tee under a sports coat, in a club and not be harassed because of knee-dangling white-tee wearers.