Thursday, July 27, 2006

Baby I Swear It's Deja ...

Vu.

Yeah, so I have taken a second hiatus from blogging. Sorry bout that. Haven't really felt like writing much, although I've had stuff to write about.

In a sense it's like Deja Vu, because it's a second hiatus. But it's got me thinking: I wonder if Beyonce really knows the definition of Deja Vu.

deja vu
n : the experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before

now here's the hook ...

[Hook]Know that I can't get over you
'Cause everything I see is you
And I don't want no substitute
Baby I swear it's Deja Vu

Sorry, but this just doesn't make any sense to me. Does it to you? Am I crazy? Or is the person who's writing Beyonce's lyrics lost?

Now I must admit, the video, the track and a Jay's flow (bounce or blow, there is no difference) are all hot. But the vocal lyrics to this song are wiggidy wiggidy wiggidy whack (think Kris Kross) ...