Thursday, August 03, 2006

Playing Ketchup


So, I'm less than three weeks away from being 26. Weird, huh? I coulda sworn that when I hit 25 I'd be married with a good-paying job and secure. Not the case.

So Vic Damone is thinking about going to graduate school because of those two facts. I have no obligations (aside from to the Dept. of Education), and by obligations I mean a wife and/or kids and no "good-paying job" to keep me from wanting to go to school full time.

So yeah. That's that. I'll get a GRE prep book in the coming weeks, and start preparing to do something I really didn't think possible five years ago, spending part of my actual adult life in a classroom.

Now, if I win the Powerball, these plans will change accordingly. Two ladies have already offered their hand in marriage if I win. Crazy, huh?

"It's funny how money changes a situation." ~ Lauryn Hill.
------
On another front. I hate Omarion. But his song Entourage is my shit.
------
A friend of mine recently came up with a new way of saying one of my favorite phrases, "that's hot." ... the new way: That's lava.
------
I've got a huge take on this steroids scandal in sports (Barry Bonds, Greg Landis -Tour De Lance, and Justin Gatlin - co-world's fastest man). I'm wondering if these characters actually care about what people think of them or if they're just that greedy. I'll come with that in a few days. It's actually perplexing.
------
I've been doing some serious research on cocaine. I know. I've never smoked (or sniffed) it, and never will. I was just really curious to figure out how the government got it into lower-class black neighborhoods in the early 80s. .... If you want to do your own investigation just google "Rick Ross" and "cocaine." It's a really good story, but sad as well. And no Rick Ross is not the Miami rapper who is "Hustlin" daily.
-----
Miami Vice is the shit.
-----
Quote of the year:
"My daughters like to be accessorized. Isabella doesn't like to leave the house without a purse.''-- Jean Strahan, who became the ex-wife of Giants defensive end Michael Strahan last week at a family court in Newark, N.J., commenting on why she needed to spend $27,000 on clothing for her twin daughters, who are not yet two.
------
And since I had to find some way to make the title of this entry make good sense, I prefer Honey Mustard on my French fries to Ketchup.
------
Funniest line from Chappelle Show not out of Dave's mouth:
"Dave, hoes. Hoes, Dave." ~ Wayne Brady