Thursday, August 17, 2006

So Like I Was Saying ...

A few of you are disgruntled with me about my lack of effort on this blog. I apologize (Rule No. 1: never say your sorry).

I haven't been upto anything of too much importance. Mackin and chillin. Waiting for that Big Two Six to come around in a day.

I must say, I feel old. Thought that by this time I'd be living the name to a popular sitcom, "Married With Children" the way the Huxtables did it. What a joke.

Anyways... So what's up? What's good? It's time for me to give you a piece of my mind.

This just in .... Maurice Clarett is a bonafide idiot. I don't think I've ever seen such a dramatic fall from grace without someone dying.

Dude went from scoring the game-winning touchdown in the NCAA football title game in 2003 to the slammer last week with apparent alcohol, self-loathing and lying issues.

I almost felt sorry for the dude - the NFL did screw him over once and Ohio State told him to get a life - until his ignorant words were printed on ESPN.com.

Clarett said "I gotta get my Goose on," while in the Broncos weight room during training camp in 2005. It's no wonder he got cut. Dude was carrying around Grey Goose in a water bottle during practice.

Any idiot should know that drinking alcohol is the last thing you want to do before you do something active (sans sex). Dehydration. Maurice, did you forget about that one?

Anyway, he lost all credit he had with me (please note that he had none to start with).

------
Kudos to the people who stopped the most recent terror plot.
------
I saw World Trade Center and it was one of the best five films I've seen this year. It stayed away from the finger pointing and hijacking aspects of 9/11 and got to the humanistic side of the story.

It made you realize that even amid so much evil and chaos, people can be good at heart. A good story, and I definitely recommend it. Although I never thought that I would enjoy something like that.
------
Happy Birthday Dionne. It's now the 17th. Enjoy your day.
------
That's it for today. Maybe I'll tell a story from my childhood tomorrow. A Birthday story. I gotta get back in the writing groove.
------CYA.