Friday, December 22, 2006

You Are The Prototype

The first time I truly gazed upon her beauty, she lay dead on a coroner's table. Even Denzel couldn't help but announce her radiance.


Yes, I have a new found celebrity crush. They don't come all that often for me. The first one was Maia Campbell (may her mother rest in peace) from one of my favorite dumb movies, Trippin and the LL Cool J show All in the House.
Nia "you're the blues between my left thigh, and the funk between my right" Long came next. Jill Marie Jones, the superdiva formerly of the sitcom Girlfriends, came along after a lengthy reign by Nia.

Now, there's a new one. Paula Patton.

It all came to be last night. I caught my first glimpse of Robin Thicke's "Lost Without You" video. I've heard the song a million times, and hummed the chorus, but had not seen the video.

Then last night, in the video, there she was as pretty as the sunrise on Miami Beach. I was hooked, and the research began today.

Of course, she just starred opposite Denzel Washington in Deja Vu. I saw Idlewild for the first time last week, and there she was playing the prototype for Andre 3000 Benjamin (and awkwardly enough, she found herself dead on a mortician's table). She even had a cameo in Hitch, where she got ran by Will Smith, that I remember.

A nice little bio for a short period of time.

Then I got to the part that stung a little bit - she's married to Thicke (and yes his pops is Alan Thicke from Growing Pains).

All I can say is, if he wrote the song "Lost Without You" while they were on a hiatus, I can feel him. If I had her, and lost her, I'd be lost to. Hell, I'm lost and I ain't even got her. lol.
Anyway, she kinda looks like Alicia Keys. On another note, I noticed that James Blake, the tennis player, looks a lot like Boris Kodjoe. Just a random thought.