Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Favorite Poem ...

This is my favorite poem that I wrote back in the day. It's from 2001, I think. I can't quite tell you what it's about. I just thought the words kind of flowed out, and it worked. I thought it was about finding a peaceful state, but then somebody told me the thought it was about suicide. Take your pick.

Solace

Solace
Why are you so elusive?
Running from me as though
You have something to hide
Stop your cowardice acts
And prove worthy of your pride
Solace
Why is it that I’ll need you so
One minute I’m asking for your touch
The next I’m pleading for you not to go
I see you, I feel you
I sense you, I know you
But not like you know me
You know when I want
And rightfully garner
the yearning of your seed
Solace
Immerse the worse and the worst
Take the harden heart of mine
Dissolute what shouldn’t be
Rummage until fidelity you find
And everything amiss is no more
I seek no more
Because no more is no longer elusive
No more is peace of mind
No more is solace.