Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Baby When I Used To Love You

I called a good friend (we'll call her dmilly) a few hours ago when it was still February 13. We engaged in a little harmless small talk to start.

I told her about this final job interview I have with a new company coming up later this week and about how I watched all of the episodes of DayBreak that didn't air. She told me about how she couldn't wait to get home to Kansas City early next week. Then came the question.

"So do you have any big plans for tomorrow," she queried?

Being the overly analytical entity that I am, I immediately thought to myself "This is the moment where she's asking me about tomorrow so that I know that the next thing is a 'well I'm gonna go ahead and get off the phone.'"

Thus I replied: "It's just Wednesday, right? No, I don't have anything special going on."

DMilly promptly reminded me that Wednesday was Valentine's Day. I clearly missed it, even after I had just had a conversation about how Wednesday was Valentine's Day with someone else not 10 minutes earlier.

DMilly deemed my answer to be "the typical male response."

I used to be a hopeless romantic. No really, I did. There was nothing that I wouldn't do.