Friday, February 09, 2007

A Few Thoughts on this week's celebrity mess ...

Anna Nicole Smith is dead. Ray J is in a sex tape with one fine woman. Brandy's could be convicted of vehicular manslaughter.

The celebrity world has gone crazy.

First up, Anna Nicole. I don't know why, but when Q-Boog called me yesterday afternoon and made me aware of Anna Nicole's passing, it actually got to me for a second. Kind of like when New York pitcher Cory Lidle was killed.

I didn't know either, but I felt like it was some sort of bad timing involved with each situation. All I can think about now, in spite of Anna Nicole's ignorance, is her infant child. They say that a child who is transferred from the care of different people so many times at such a young age has potential for emotional issues as they age. I just hope there's no foul play in Anna Nicole's death, although I think some thing is just not right.

The only other thing I can think to say is where in the world is Maury when we need him? We don't need the courts for this, Maury can have this custody battle resolved in a 12-minute segment.

Next up, Ray J and Kim Kardashian. She's fine. Absolutely beautiful. It's makes you wonder if Ray J got his one wish granted because it's hard to imagine him with someone like that. But then again, she's friends with Paris Hilton. I personally don't care about the sex tape. I don't care if they fronting in saying that they're not trying to make money off of it. All I know is this, if you're going to be dumb enough to film yourself performing sexual acts, don't let the shit get out. Just not smart.

And Brandy. it's unfortunate like the first situation. But I'll say this, anyone who says that no amount of money can make up for the loss of their loved one, and promptly sues for $50 million is clearly contradicting his/her first thought.

The way the story comes off, it seems like an accident for which Brandy was at fault for someone's death. But when you put a hefty price such as $50 million on someone's life, I think greed is involved to some degree.