Thursday, March 15, 2007

Vic Damone Bracketology and Waiting

I finished my final bracket today at work. I have three - ESPN, Facebook and Sportsline. The final one I just did for work, which has a pretty substantial pool going. There are about 100 entries.

But while picking my bracket, I discovered that you can watch the games online for the first three rounds. So I opened up the browser for it only to disvocer that there is a waiting list. Actually, two of them, one for VIPs and one for general admission.

It really has the feel of waiting outside of some bourgeois club in the general patron (not Patron) line. You know, the one where you're watching all of the VIPs laugh and giggle as they walk in and out of the club with relative ease. Meanwhile, you stand outside in the rain. But it's only raining on you and your friends like you were Charlie Brown and Peanut gang.

When I started about 45 minutes ago, I was somewhere around 50,000 in the GA line. Now, I'm stuck around 9,000. It's telling me that had I signed up for VIP, I would be No. 1 on the waiting list to get in.

But now there are about 70,000 people waiting in line for VIP. When I first started, it was about 10,000. I will be pissed if the majority of these people get in before me. Pissed I tell you.

Anyway, my Final Four predictions are: Kansas, Ohio State, Texas and Florida. All state schools. Kansas wins the final over Ohio State 82-75.

We'll see if this happens, and I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing in my brackets.
Seriously,