Friday, May 04, 2007

Random Thoughts

1. I watched an episode of The Dave Chappelle Show last night with the skits "When Keepin' It Real Goes Wrong" and "I Know Black People." A couple of thoughts: a. "When ..." was actually informative in the respect that you really don't want to deface a goverment vehicle (six years and a felony); b. I think "I Know..." wasn't staged. I think it was really impromptu with real answers from those people. It made that bit funnier.

2. I can't wait for the next season of the Boondocks to see how Huey and Riley Freeman handle Don Imus.

3. Simon Cowell kissing LaKisha on American Idol was rather disgusting from both ends. I'm putting my vote in now though (not really). She won't win. Lil Linebacker won't win. Neither the beat-boxer. That leaves the girl who looks just like my best friend, but I can't remember her name now. Shows you what I think of the potential American Idols.

4. Speaking of boxing, the big fight is this weekend Mayweather-De La Hoya. I don't understand why this fight has gotten so much run. The last time I remember seeing De Ha Hoya he was on the canvas sucking wind from a BHop body shot and refused to get up. It's going to happen again. Floyd Mayweather is going to pummel Oscar.

5. I want the Golden State Warriors, who just dumped on Dallas, to win the NBA title.

6. Ne-Yo's album is the shit. It's not In My Own Words, but it's laced with a variety of jams: Because of You, Crazy, Can We Chill, Do You, Addicted, Leaving Tonight, Make It Work, Say It and Go On Girl. I think my favorites are Make It Work, Sex With My Ex, Do You and Crazy. Sex sounds like a Prince cut from the mid-80s.

7. I'm excited about this new Spider-Man movie. I think I'm going to see it at the Imax. It will be my first Imax movie.

8. Clapping during a movie is bad, but if you see Dreamgirls the film and don't clap there is something wrong with you.

9. I think I've got a good post coming tomorrow or Sunday whenever I really feel like writing. But for now this is it.